Check me out for a spooky good time!
Halloween might be a little different this year but that doesn’t change how we feel about fall. Children and Adults alike LOVE this time of year! However, if you are having trouble finding fun and SAFE things to do this season- do not fear(unless it’s fun Halloween fear)! We have a list of some fun fall activities that are DOG-FRIENDLY as well. Everything included is either in Chicago or the surrounding area- no more than 90 minutes away from our favorite city. From corn mazes and pumpkin patches to puppy photoshoots and Halloween Paw-tys- keep reading to find some fun fall spots to take your furry friend!
- In your neighborhood-
- Lakeview Halloween PUP crawl @ FFC lakeview- 3228 N Halsted st 60657 from 10am-1pm SAT 10/24~ $5 registration fee that includes entry to a Prize raffle, giveaways, photobooth, and a costume contest.
- Ravenwoods Ruff haus Pets costume contest @ Ruff Haus Pets- 4772 N Lincoln ave 60625 from 12pm-4pm SAT 10/24~ $20 donation benefiting one tail at a time and includes the costume contest, professional Photography, a goodie bag, and LOTS of treatos ( Make sure to post your Scary cute pics right away because the contest is based on Likes)!
- Lakeview Portrait Pop-PUP @ Barks N’ Rec with Mandy Dempsey-3030 N Lincoln ave 60657 from 1pm-6pm SAT 10/24~ $30 that includes 1 HD portrait and digital copy( you can view pictures taken and choose your fave) THREE DOGS MAX per family, 5 min time frame and extra portraits available for additional cost. PS~ FREE if you purchase a Holiday photo session before noon 10/23~ Did someone say double the cute??
- SOUTH LOOP Howl-o-ween Pet portraits @ Maus House with Fetch portraits- 901 s Plymouth 60605 from 7am-10am SUN 10/25~ $40 that includes your photo session and a 5x7 Print(additional prints/merchandise/ digital downloads available) Families and other furry friends Welcome!
- Lincoln Square Park and field Howl-o-ween Party @ Park and field restaurant- 3509 W fullerton ave 60607 from 6pm-9pm THUR 10/29~ $30-45 that includes Buffet, costume contest, giveaways and treats! Party is on the heated patio perfect for Pups and discounted fat pug beer available make sure to reserve your spot on the restaurants website.
- SOUTH LOOP Halloween party for family and four-legged friends with us @ Urban paws- 50 e 16th st 60616 from 5:30pm-7:30pm ALL WEEK, 10/26-10/31~ $10 that includes basic entry, costume contest, hay maze, games for kids, mini pumpkin painting, TONS of photo ops( as well as our professional photographer will be there) and lots of treats! DIY costume area, food and drinks for additional charge. Look for our party invite for more information.
- Haunted locations in Chicago-
- OLD TOWN- St Michaels church, 1633 N Cleveland ave 60614, although the actual Church is not dog friendly there is so much for your pup to sniff around the area and this church is one of the seven original buildings to survive the great fire of 1871. It’s a BEAUTIFUL church that will be great for any architecture fans~ lots of history and folklore says that the devil himself was seen during service during the 70s??
- UNIVERSITY VILLAGE- Hull house, 800 s Halsted st 60607, this is another Beautiful building with some less than lovely folklore surrounding it. Dogs not allowed inside but thankfully the surrounding area is extremely dog friendly with lots of good walking paths around UIC. The wife of Charles Hull is known to haunt her former home and her footsteps can be heard semi-regularly. However, the most known legend is the devil baby known to peek out the attic windows.
- UPTOWN- Green mill Jazz club, 4802 N Broadway 60640, a known fave of the Legendary mobster AL Capone. This location has a dog-friendly patio for enjoying the Jazz music and food. This haunt is known to have trap doors and several spooky old ghosts haunting it. Thankfully while outside you shouldn’t have to worry about these former Mobsters.
- LOOP/SOUTH LOOP- The congress hotel, 520 s Michigan ave 60605, This is another famous spot that Al Capone was known to frequent ( even in his afterlife). He is known to wander the halls by his former 8th floor suite, another famous ghost is known to haunt these halls after being murdered by America's 1st serial killer DR. H. H Holmes. You can still stay at this spooky spot but no to dogs inside. Pop by for your pups portrait and wander around the Lovely grant park and surrounding Dog friendly south loop( plus only a solid Mile from your fave treat spot- URBAN PAWS!)
- RIVER NORTH/STREETERVILLE- Chicago riverwalk, check out the area of Clark and Lasalle, This spot is where the SS Eastland steamship capsized in 1915 and over 800 people perished. You can try to spot spooky figures on the river or head down the riverwalk to the many dog- friendly restaurants along the water. Extra- DID YOU KNOW: most of the surrounding buildings were used for makeshift morgues after the horrible incident.
by Nastashia Thibedeau 10/20