With the rain behind us and sunny days ahead we found some activities to keep those tails wagging! There are options for everyone here. We have events, farmers markets, Breweries, boat tours and places to escape the hustle and bustle.
- South loop dog owners come visit the Urban Paws booth at the Dachshund Derby!
Saturday July 24th from 11am-2pm at the Roosevelt collection rooftop.
- Lo Rez Brewing and Taproom in East Pilsen is walking distance from our south loop location and right by a large park!
2101 S Carpenter St, Chicago, IL 60608
- Get on the Mercury Canine cruise at the riverwalk. This is a specific boat tour for you and your dog! The Canine cruise runs Friday-Sunday and offers water bowls, a paper lined restroom for your pup on deck, and a dog friendly map for more places on land to explore.
- If 90 minutes on a boat with your pup is a little too long then look into Shoreline sightseeing or Seadog cruises! These companies allow pups on all tours and have 30-90 minute options.
- Everyone in Chicago knows that montrose dog beach is the place for hot dog summer but about 2 miles west is another Brewery that loves your pup *almost* as much as you do. Empirical Brewery has a beer garden that is dog friendly- with free parking too
1801 W Foster Ave, Chicago, IL 60640
- Another Brewery in the City actually serves their flights in dog bowls! Midwest Coast Brewing Company is located in the West loop- there are often fundraisers and adoption events held here as well!
2137 W Walnut St, Chicago, IL 60612
- If you were hoping to get a boat and a drink with your dog then look no further than Island boat tours. On your walk by the lake you might have seen these fun party boats but you might not have known that they are dog friendly!
- Chicago has a ton of farmers markets around! There is probably one in your neighborhood that isn't on this list. Most allow furry friends on leash but Horner park, Wicker park and Logan square farmers markets are north end faves!
- If you are located on the North side then check out Alarmist Brewing and Taproom as well! This another wonderful pub that welcomes pups
4055 W Peterson Ave, Suite Rear, Chicago, IL 60646
- If you are looking for farmers markets in the South loop and further than check out the printers row, south loop and 61st street farmers markets with your Fur-end.
- If you are looking for dog friendly getaways then check out going to Starved rock or the Indiana dunes for a day trip filled with adventure. Starved rock state park is also a dog friendly camping spot if you are looking for more than a day.
- Lake Geneva and Milwaukee are some spots north of the IL border that are very dog friendly! There are places in both locations for people wanting to enjoy the outdoors and inside.
- Camp Dogwood is a camping spot outside of WI dells that is coined as the planet's best dog destination! They have camping activities for every dog. Check out their site-
- A quiet location for hiking and camping in Southern IL is Beall Woods state park. This park is less known than Starved rock so it offers a more relaxing spot to check out.
Stay safe and have a fun summer!